Monday, April 4, 2011

BRAINIAC and LAZY (split 7", vinyl, 1994)

In honor of my finally having acquired a decent turntable, I present this vinyl rip of the 1994 split single from Dayton's own BRAINIAC and Cincinnati's LAZY (exactly a year and a day since the last post -- wow, by that rate we should have everything covered by the thirty-third century at least).

Unfortunately, there isn't much I can say about BRAINIAC except what I already said when I posted about the band's entry at the AllMusic guide and when I posted the article from the July 1992 issue of Imminent zine.

I can say even less about LAZY. All I really know is they were from Cincinnati and played 'round these parts in the early '90s.

As for Simple Solutions (the imprint on which this record was released), I know only that it was operating in Dayton from maybe 1993 to about 1996 or so. A lot of bands in Dayton (including REAL LULU and THE METHOD) did records on Simple Solutions, and the label had some kind of close affiliation with Trader Vic's (a record store on Brown Street, long since disappeared).

As luck has it, I played recently with REAL LULU at the "Dayton Does Dayton" show. While I was there, I happened to win three or four seven-inch records by answering a trivia question (I was able to name every drummer who had ever played with REAL LULU). They were all old Dayton rock records. Now that I've got a good turntable (another story), I'll be ripping and uploading all of them over the next couple weeks.

Download record and cover scans (17 MB) (link re-upped 2-4-2013)


take care

---Jones()

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Braniac LIVE ARCHIVE PROJECT

http://deeperintomovies.net/brainiac/home.html

3NJ0Y