...and that means that, once again, it's time for another patented Jones "I DUNNO!" post!
That's right! Once again, I don't know shit about these guys... EXCEPT...
- I am 99% certain that Sheldon Mutter (from LIQUID DRAINO) was in this band.
- Maybe Chris Wright (of NOSTROMO) was in it too.
- Shit, I forgot where I was... fuck... uh...
- Oh yeah, I don't know for sure if Chris Wright was in SPITCURL. No doubt, he would know. And if he's reading, I hope he corrects my lame ass!
- I saw SPITCURL at some point in the mid-'90s at one of those Ken Gross shows over at that place in that strip mall in Fairborn. Does anybody know what they called that place? Please tell me! I think my band HEIKE might have played there once. I know for sure that SLANT 6 (from D.C. -- on Dischord Records) played there, and I'm pretty sure it was the same show at which I saw SPITCURL. Help? Anybody?
- I have no idea if these songs were on any kind of official release that SPITCURL did or even if SPITCURL ever released anything. I have no idea where they were recorded, who wrote the songs, or anything else. All of this was in a big download package that Chris Wright sent me a few months back. If you can fill in the blanks, feel free!
- In any case, SPITCURL was pretty kick-ass! They had a great name, and they played this wonderful variety of mid-'90s noise/emo! I still miss 'em. And you are going to fucking love them! Guaranteed!
- Build You Elegant
- Painting Little Thunderstorm
- Present Testament
- There is a Person in Here
Yeah, SPITCURL... get it.